Tuesday, April 21, 2009

4/21/2009

Today is a hard day.



A year ago today one of our best friends passed away. I had never really dealt with death with someone that close to me or as close to my age. It's been something I can not grasp, at all. I have spent so much time in prayer asking for answers but I know God will give them to me when he's ready. At first I was very very angry, with whom I'm not sure, but I was mad because he was gone, it's a little better but I know I still have a long way.





Well he was seriously Dustin's best friend, I mean Chris loved Dustin like a brother and treated him like one too. Dustin felt the same and was closer to him than his real brothers. He was always very helpful around our house and was ALWAYS willing to buy or give anyone anything. Chris actually lived with us off and on for a good while, he worked all over the place and there was no point in paying rent and sometimes he just didn't want to go to his parents. Sometimes Chris felt like our "red-headed stepchild" and He and I got along like brother and sister. We loved the crap out of one another but we could surely butt heads, and let me tell you, we were both VERY stubborn :)



He was a very loving guy, and if you were his friend you knew that he loved you, every time he saw you. He loved doing things at the drop of a hat, not much of a planner, but it usually always turned out to be fun. Most of the time, ha. Dustin and Chris were roommates for a while and they "adopted" a dog together, his name is Apollo. Well when they moved Dustin took Apollo since Chris was traveling so much. Then we realized I was highly allergic to that sweet boy, so Chris took him to his parents, and now he lives with his Gramps and Grams. He's such a good dog, he misses Chris, he still waits for him at the door. Chris also loved having toys and he influenced my husband to want them also, so I half way blame Chris for our dirt bikes, LOL.



Chris bought a Harley nightster, which he came to show us immediately after, Dustin was jealous. Well then Dustin was going to trade in my Jeep for a hunter green hummer that we loved, well he told Chris about it and of course the next week it was in our driveway. Except it wasn't mine, dang. I wanted to punch him for getting my car, instead he threw me the keys and let me drive it, then I didn't feel like punching so much :) Well his bike and hummer were his toys, and he loved them both. Another adventure was the road trip we all took.....that's for another day.



Chris passed away doing what he loved, riding his Harley unfortunately. If you ride a motorcycle please wear a helmet and be cautious of idiots that don't pay attention. I could go on and on about Chris and his life, but I don't have enough time in my day, I just miss him SO much.



-I miss the way he loved my husband.

-I miss his hugs, he always hugged, always.

-I miss his loud laugh.

-I miss him loving and wrestling with my dogs.

-I miss him playing his guitar and singing to me.

-I miss having coffee with him in the mornings at our house.

-I miss his truck, Harley or hummer in our driveway.

-I miss his attitude.

-I miss his honesty.

-I miss his spontaneity.

-I miss seeing him on the couch in the mornings.

-I miss his dirty clothes all over our floor, weird.

-I miss his extremely loud music, I always knew when he was down the street.

-I miss his RANDOM visits when he got in from out of town.

-I miss being able to have a heart to heart with him and getting genuine advice.

-I miss his blue eyes and bright red hair.

-I miss HIM.



So I'm trying not to cry right now, I just needed to get all that off my chest. I love and miss Chris so much. I know I will see him again someday but for now all I can do is remember. Miss you buddy.

1 comment:

  1. hey i missed your bad day by two days...but i will be thinking of y'all and praying for you guys and chris' family. big hugs too.

    ReplyDelete